T & C'S
N.B. For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions the term ‘Client’ refers to the dog/s owner/s
1) By a) enrolling a dog with or b) permitting a dog to attend or c) accepting the Services of Emma’s Paw Pals and its staff, the Client is deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
2) Emma’s Paw Pals may act in the Client’s absence as guardian of their dog/s and may perform or take any action which they deem necessary in order to protect and keep in good health the Client’s dog/s.
3) All fixed bookings are accepted only upon receipt of 100% deposit. The balance of any additional services (e.g., extra transport, food, vets’ fees etc) is due upon completion of the period booked. Payments can be made in cash, BACS or by cheque.
4) Emma’s Paw Pals requires one month’s notice of cancellation for long-term fixed bookings. The Client agrees to provide such notice or pay the amount that would be due during this notice period. The Client may cancel with notice at any time; there is no minimum term of contract.
5) Emma’s Paw Pals requires at least 24 hours’ notice of any ad hoc cancellation of day care/regular pre-booked walks, otherwise the full daily charge will be payable.
6) On termination of the Contract, for any reason, the Client shall immediately pay to Emma’s Paw Pals any outstanding unpaid fees due.
7) Emma’s Paw Pals reserves the right to cancel bookings within reasonable notice and will refund any deposits received.
8) The Client may not swap their agreed regular days on an ad hoc basis. It may be possible to add occasional extra days as required, provided there is space in the van. Requests to do so should be made by email.
9) Although Emma's Paw Pals does accept young puppies (under 6 months) and older dogs (over 12 years), in certain circumstances their extra needs may make them unsuitable for day care, if this is the case the situation will be discussed with the client.
10) Emma’s Paw Pals cannot accept any un-spayed bitches that are in season. If the bitch comes into season whilst in the day care, she will be segregated, and the situation discussed with the client.
11) Although every care will be taken by staff, Emma’s Paw Pals does not accept liability if the client sends their un-neutered dog/s to day care and they subsequently breed with another dog/s in the day care environment.
12) Young dogs will only be accepted if they are house trained, and the Client agrees to the dog/s mixing with other dogs, including adult dogs. Emma’s Paw Pals will continually monitor young dogs and if they show signs of distress, they will be segregated from the older dogs and cared for separately. In this case it will be discussed with the Client whether it is then in the best interests of the dog to be removed from the day care environment until older.
13) The Client must supply details of a nominated veterinarian with whom their dog/s are registered, which should include an up to date preventative health care plan in place. Should it be necessary for Emma’s Paw Pals to seek veterinary care or advice for dog/s in the Clients absence, the Client is responsible for payment of any veterinary fees incurred through illness or injury not caused directly through fault of Emma’s Paw Pals. Clients should inform their vet that Emma’s Paw Pals is authorised to seek treatment in their absence. Emma’s Paw Pals will also be registered with a veterinary service who can provide 24-hour emergency care and have isolation facilities. The Client must agree to these vets being used if for any reason their own vets are closed/cannot provide a required service.
14) The Client agrees to ensure that their dog/s will be kept up to date on all vaccinations/boosters, de-worming and de-fleeing and agree to show proof of this to Emma’s Paw Pals if requested. The dog/s primary vaccination courses must have been completed at least 2 weeks before the dog/s enter the day care facility.If there is evidence of external parasites (fleas, ticks, lice) after the dog/s have entered the day care premises the dog will be treated with an appropriate product authorised by the Veterinary Medicines Directorate and licensed for use on animals in the UK. Treatment will be discussed with a veterinarian before administering.
15) Emma’s Paw Pals must be provided with a suitable emergency contact number for Clients for the duration of any booking. All reasonable efforts will be made to contact the Client or Clients emergency contact in the event of an emergency. However, Emma’s Paw Pals reserves the right to make decisions regarding Clients dog/s health provided it is always acting in the interests of the Clients dog/s and on the advice of a veterinary surgeon.
16) Any dog that, whilst in the care of Emma’s Paw Pals, shows signs of serious sickness, injury or potentially infectious disease will be moved temporarily to a separate isolation room. If the situation is deemed an emergency, Emma’s Paw Pals will seek immediate Veterinary advice. All owners in this instance will be contacted immediately.
17) Any prescribed medication needed by the dog/s whilst in the day care environment will be provided by the Client to Emma’s Paw Pals in clearly labelled container/s, and with clear written instructions on dosage/timings etc. If required, the medication will be kept in refrigerated conditions on the day care premises.
18) All dogs will be required to undertake a trial period at the day care facility (one half-day, free of charge), before being accepted as a fixed booking. This is to allow Emma’s Paw Pals staff to monitor the dog/s behaviour around the other dog/s at the day care facility.
19) Should the Client’s dog/s be deemed to be unsuitable by Emma’s Paw Pals, at any time following the trial period, then we reserve the right to cancel the booking indefinitely, with immediate effect.
20) It is the responsibility of the Client to ensure that all traits, vices or behavioural problems a dog/s may have are disclosed at the time of booking. Emma’s Paw Pals accept the vast majority but relies on the Client to be honest about their dog/s so that any safety issues of all dog/s can be managed.
21) The Client’s dog/s may be transported with other dogs in Emma’s Paw Pals vehicle. The Client agrees that Emma’s Paw Pals cannot be held liable for death or injury to their dog in the event of a motor vehicle accident.
22) During transportation, all dogs will be secure either in a suitable crate, secure in the boot or on a harness. No dog will ever be left in a vehicle without supervision for an unreasonable amount of time. Dogs will never be left in vehicles in extremes of heat.
23) The Client gives consent for their dog/s to be allowed to share communal areas (both inside and/or outside) at the same time as other dogs. If Emma’s Paw Pals staff feels that the clients dog/s are showing signs of distress as a result of being with other dogs they will take appropriate action to allow the dog/s to be separated and each dog will have its own designated room within the day care environment, which it can go to in order to be alone if necessary.
24) Emma’s Paw Pals reserve the right to cut short a walk-in order to ensure the safety and health of any dog/s in their care (excessive heat). If a walk is reduced the Client/s will be notified as soon as possible
25) If the Client instructs Emma’s Paw Pals to exercise Clients dog/s off-lead, the Client accepts full liability (including financial) for any loss or damage caused as a result. Off lead exercise may only take place if Emma’s Paw Pals staff are confident the dog/s will recall, and it is a safe area for off lead walking. A maximum of 4 dogs per each member of Emma’s Paw Pals staff will be walked at any one time.
26) While dogs are in the care of Emma’s Paw Pals, either as a guest or on a walk, an additional tag will be attached to each dog’s collar giving Emma’s Paw Pals contact details. Micro chipping your pet is now the law, and this must be done before the Clients dog is in the care of Emma’s Paw Pals.
27) During walks, visits and day care, treats may be given by Emma’s Paw Pals staff. Should this not be acceptable or if an alternative is preferred, we must be notified at the time of booking and the owner should provide the alternative.
28) Clients agree to their dog/s being fed whilst in the company of other dogs. During feeding, all dogs will be supervised throughout and should any potential problems occur ,the dog/s will be separated .Clients agree to Emma’s Paw Pals using the ‘Scatter Feeding’ technique if they deem it suitable for individual dogs. If Clients do not agree to this, they must inform Emma’s Paw Pals before commencement of the day care.
29) Should it be necessary for Emma’s Paw Pals to provide extra food etc during the Clients absence, the owner will be liable for this extra cost. It is recommended Clients’ dog/s remains on the food he or she is used to but if Clients do not want to provide food Emma’s Paw Pals will feed Clients dog a premium brand of food.
30) It is the responsibility of the owner to ensure Emma’s Paw Pals has up-to-date information regarding their dog/s and are able to gain the required access to Clients property for the required visits. Emma’s Paw Pals will hold Clients keys for the duration of the agreed contract. All Clients’ keys will be stored in a secure central location and never with information such as addresses, whilst in the care of Emma’s Paw Pals.
31) It is advisable that Clients inform neighbours and their insurance company that Emma’s Paw Pals will be visiting their home and will hold a key.
32) All Clients’ details are held securely and will never be passed to any third party.
33) In the event of an emergency, (for example, fire, flood, power failure), whereby the day care premises cannot be used, Emma’s Paw Pals reserves the right to return the dog/s to their home address. In this case, the Client will be informed immediately, and refund/s given if dog/s returned earlier in the day than originally agreed.
34) The Client gives consent for their dog’s image to be used in photo or video format on Paw Pals promotional material and social media or in any format that Emma’s Paw Pals considers appropriate.
35) Part of Emma’s Paw Pals service includes dropping dog/s off at the Clients home address at an agreed time. If, for any reason, entry cannot be gained when dropping dog/s back home, the dog/s will be taken back to the day care facility and the Client contacted to arrange for them to pick the dog/s up there at an agreed time. If for any reason the dog/s is not then collected, additional boarding will be charged at the rate of £45 per 24 hours. If Client then further fails to collect their dog/s and does not notify Emma’s Paw Pals of the delay, after 24 hours the dog/s will be given to St Helens Council via the Dog Warden, the Clients full contact details will be passed on to the dog warden and an admin fee will be charged.
36) Emma’s Paw Pals is closed during the period between Christmas and New Year.